This website is best viewed [at 1280 x 800] on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. There will be a marked difference.


For an interview with the author, click here.

Please enter your email address:




Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday 23 October 2007

You Art My Friend

This one's for all MY friends...

The day you came into my life,
You filled a void and stopped a strife
That was seething within,
And had caused quite a din!

But- before all that; on the day we met,
Little did I realise what I was to get.
You accepted me as I am and
Gently led me to another land.

With that gentleness you entered my life-
The subtleness with which one plays a fife.
The tale continues in the land you led me to
And I'm glad that there was not much ado :smile:

Befriending you has been so much fun,
A winding string of happiness that cannot be undone.
Our lives may meander in different ways.
But touched it has been, by Friendship's grace.

Our stay on Earth is but, ephemeral.
The relations we build? Eternal!
Such is the relation we share till the end,
Pride do I take when I say...

"You art MY friend."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susmita writes:

Awwwwww,,,, Zoooo Zweeeet

By anonymous user, # 5. November 2007, 12:16:57

Anonymous said...

Matangi writes:

hey.. gr8 poetry! very well written!

By anonymous user, # 29. October 2007, 14:25:01

Anonymous said...

arnav writes:

great dude..

i am sure all of us can associate with this poem.....

and true we should accept our friends as they are... :-)

By anonymous user, # 28. October 2007, 12:33:39

Sameera Ansari said...

That was a lovely dedication! :)

Kartz said...

Thanks... Glad you liked it. :)

Unknown said...

aawwww u made me feel as if u wrote it for me.. ( even though i dont know u )
thank u..hugggsssss..

Kartz said...

:) The pleasure is all mine... *hugs back*

And yes, please do take it as my writing for you...

Richa said...

Now that calls for an Applaude!!
though I am not a person much into poetry, but I am gonna borrow that one, not for copying on the blog, but for other uses and the credit will be yours ofcourse:D

Kartz said...

Thanks for applause... Glad you liked it.

And welcome to Contorted Reality. Peace.

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Lovely .:)

Kartz said...

Merci madamoiselle...

jayu said...

Kartz-this is beautiful.I'm deeply touched.
Yes you so right-our stay is ephemeral,the bonds of friendship are eternal.
Thank you for being my friend.

<3 and light.

Minions

facebook

Vox Populi...

Veni, vidi...

Rendition?

"Santa" Akshat comes to town!

"Santa" Akshat comes to town!
A token from a fellow blogging compadre, Akshat

Lady Cяystal relates...

Lady Cяystal relates...
Note - her creativity *swells* with every block. :)